Alice: Queen of the Apocalypse – Guide Build Strategy
Alice is a mage although being not a burst damaging mage, she has a good poke and continuous damage sustain.
Lore: “Watch your back.”
Thousands of years ago, the humans defeated the Blood Demons and imprisoned their queen Alice in the dark abyss. Today, the land of dawn faces a huge disturbance and the seal’s power has slowly weakened.
The dominator of dark abyss is thirsty for more believers and dark force has been growing stronger in secret. With the acquiescence of the great dominator, Alice broke free from her ancient prison.
Driven mad by her endless lust for blood, she sucked the life out of any creature in her path, and especially for the fleshes of those young elves – they were the favorite of queen Alice.
After a temporary satisfaction, Alice has turned her attention to something stronger – those heroes from other worlds.
This passive helps Alice to become more of a front liner later in the game. Back before, this passive gives her bonus magic power but it was changed and now it only gives HP. You can notice small red blobs on the ground, pick these blood orbs to obtain bonus HP.
This ability is the main poke and harass skill for Alice. It may not look like its a strong skill but getting actually hit by the projectile deals considerable amount of damage. On top of that, it has very long range and fast cooldown.
Use this skill to clear minion waves. This skill also has additional function, letting Alice teleport to the location of the projectile upon re-activation. It is very useful for ganks and escapes.
This crowd control ability for Alice has synergy with her Flowing Blood ability. The Flowing Blood ability lets you go in a desired position instantly and set for an AOE stun and slow with Blood Awe.
This what makes Alice lasts longer in team fights. When Blood Ode is active, it gives back lost HP to Alice whenever it does damage to enemy heroes. More magic power in item build means more damage and HP regen for Alice with Blood Ode.
Skill Build and Ability Sequence
- It is important to max out Flowing Blood first due to its increasing damage and poke/harass potential.
- Blood Awe’s stun and slow duration doesn’t scale up with level so it isn’t really needed to be leveled up immediately.
- Max out the ultimate skill Blood Ode at all times when possible.
The basic combo for Alice is:
- Flowing Blood -> Flowing Blood (re-click to teleport) -> Blood Awe (to stun and slow) -> Blood Ode (for more damage)
During early laning phase, tray to spam harass enemy with Flowing Blood.
If you are certain for a kill, teleport to the enemy when Flowing Blood hits them, then perform the said combo above.
When trying to escape, cast Flowing Blood on the direction of intended escape, then click Blood Awe to give more time to the Flowing Blood projectile to reach a farther distance, then re-activate Flowing Blood for the instant escape.
Alice isn’t really an instant-kill mage so any Emblem set will do from Magic Assassin to Tank Emblem.
- Magic Assassin – increases your damage output potential.
- Tank Emblem – Alice is not necessarily a Tank but it can help her last longer when in the middle of team fight for Blood Ode.
- Clock of Destiny
- +60 Magic Power
- +615 HP
- +600 Mana
- Unique Passive: Time – Adds 30HP and 5 magic attack every 30s. Up to 10 times.
- Unique Passive: Reincarnate – If time is fully stacked, then the hero will receive 5% magic attack and 300 mana.
This item gives you additional sustain during laning phase thanks to its component that lets you regenerate a portion of your HP and MP when you level up. You can swap out this item with if you are comfortable with no HP regen per level and if you think you need unlimited mana.
- Warrior Boots
- +22 Armor
- Unique: +40 Movement Speed
- Unique Passive: Valor – Physical defense will go up 5 with each basic attack received, for an increase of up to 25 points, lasting 3s.
This is the preferred boots choice for Alice. She will benefit more from the armor gain with this item so she can last longer in team fights when taking physical attacks from enemy heroes.
- Holy Crystal
- +90 Magic Power
- Unique: +25% Magic Power
- Unique-passive: Exterminate – After a skill hits a target, magic attack will immediately increase 15%. The next skill damage will terminate this effect. This effect can last up to 3s with a built-in cooldown time of 10s.
This item gives more damage for Alice.
- Concentrated Energy
- +70 Magic Power
- +700 HP
- Unique: +30% Spell Vamp
- Unique Passive: Recharge – Regen 10% of one’s HP after killing a hero.
In order for Alice to dish out more damage, she needs to be less squishy. It will be unfortunate if the Blood Ode ability won’t finish and Alice ends up dying first which is unlikely if she has more HP. The spell vamp and HP regen on killing enemy hero is a big plus so she can stay longer in team fights and can use more Blood Awe for crowd controlling.
- Glowing Wand
- +75 Magic Power
- +5% Movement Speed
- +15 Magic Penetration
- Unique Passive: Scorch – Burns the target for 3s when the skills hit, dealing 2%/2.5%/3% of the target’s current HP as magic damage, at least 10pts.
This item gives more damage potential from Alice, since it will benefit from the continuous damage of Blood Ode. It depends on the enemy HP percentage so it won’t matter if its a tank, as long as it gets hit with Alice’s ability, the damage will be noticeable.
- Blood Wings
- +150 Magic Power
- +150 HP
- Unique Passive: Nirvana – Adds 2 HP for every 1 pt of magic power added.
This item alone gives Alice 150+300 HP. The added 300HP is from its Nirvana passive effect. Add everything from the other magic item you build, that gives her even more HP. By having a lot of HP is what makes Alice different from other mages who are very fragile.
Are you an Alice user? If there is something you would like to add to this guide, feel free to say it in the comments section below. Have fun using Alice!
If you liked the guide, consider sharing it to your friends.
Are you a top player? If you would like to get featured on the site, submit your guide via this link.